Night sweats, mood swings, weight gain – the menopause can be a challenging time, leaving us feeling isolated and as if we’re losing touch with ourselves. But you are not alone – Making Friends with the Menopause is here to help.
From bestselling author Sarah Rayner, with Dr Patrick Fitzgerald, comes a clear and comforting guide to the menopause that reads like a chat with a good friend. Written with warmth and humour, and packed with practical, bite-size tips from women experiencing menopause themselves, as well as essential insights from Dr Patrick, this life-changing little handbook includes:
- Comprehensive guidance on the range of treatments available including traditional and complementary medicine.
- Tried and tested tips to alleviate the symptoms of menopause including hot flushes, insomnia, forgetfulness, and rising anxiety.
- How to deal with the psychological impact of hormonal changes and lift your self-esteem.
- Suggestions for your sex life and how to talk to your partner about the change you’re going through.
- How to find the joy in this period and focus more on yourself and your own wellbeing.
If you’re struggling with the symptoms of menopause, simply want to take care of yourself well or if you’re looking for support from a friend who knows exactly how you feel, Making Friends with the Menopause will be your guide. It will give you the understanding and confidence you need to navigate this profound change and fully embrace this new chapter of your life with open arms.
Read what everyone is saying about Making Friends with the Menopause:
‘Would give 10 stars if I could. Love this book.’ Amazon reviewer, 5 stars
‘The best I have ever read about the menopause. I learnt so much about myself and at what stage I am at.’ Amazon reviewer, 5 stars
‘Fabulous! A must read for every woman 40+… Sensible, comprehensive, factual, positive, giving lots of great information and advice… I’m left feeling much more positive about my perimenopause.’ Amazon reviewer, 5 stars
‘Brilliant and makes you feel like you are not alone!… feels like talking to a friend. I felt so much better after reading it, and keep dipping into it when I need a reminder.’ Amazon reviewer, 5 stars
‘Superb… can’t praise it enough. Made me realise I am normal, thank goodness!’ Amazon reviewer, 5 stars
‘Incredibly helpful and informative… so helpful I can’t recommend it enough.’ Amazon reviewer, 5 stars
‘Comforting words and real-life examples, I felt much better simply having read this.’ Amazon reviewer, 5 stars